SUPPLIER TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Last updated June 29th, 2022
General. As a supplier to Garland Service Center (GSC), you become a key contributor to the products and services that we deliver to our customers. We value the conformance of your products and services to our specifications and requirements, your contribution to our product’s safety, and your ethical business practices.
Scope. These terms and conditions apply to all external suppliers and sub-tier suppliers which furnish products, processes, or services to be incorporated into Garland Service Center (GSC)’s contractually deliverable products.
1. Suppliers must use Garland Service Center (GSC).’s customer-approved special process sources (anodize, heat treat, welding, etc.) when indicated on a Garland Service Center (GSC) purchase order.
2. The supplier must contact Garland Service Center (GSC) in the event of nonconforming product/material. Arrangements for the approval of supplier nonconforming product/material must be as directed by a Garland Service Center (GSC) authorized manager or designee.
3. The supplier shall notify Garland Service Center (GSC) of any changes to a product and/or processes, including changes of external providers or location of manufacture, that may affect conformance to specifications or requirements, and to obtain approval from an authorized Garland Service Center (GSC) manager or designee prior to production. If a First Article of Inspection (FAI) was required by the contract for the first product, a new FAI shall be required from the supplier.
4. Garland Service Center (GSC), our customers, and regulatory authorities retain the right of access to supplier:
a. Facilities involved in the aircraft product order.
b. Records applicable to product conformance to specifications, which shall be retained for four years from date of purchase order.
5. Garland Service Center (GSC) will require our external providers to apply the appropriate controls to their direct and sub-tier external providers to ensure that product requirements are met. The appropriate controls may include customer/regulatory/AS9120 specific requirements and will be indicated on the Garland Service Center (GSC) purchase order.
6. Garland Service Center (GSC) performs inspection activities to ensure that purchased product meets requirements, including:
a. Receiving inspections (of supplier products / services / documents) performed by a designated employee. Garland Service Center (GSC) verifies the authenticity of the appropriate certificate of conformity, material certificates, etc. and other accompanying documentation by review and comparison (as is appropriate) to the drawing and/or industry specifications, or by other means. When necessary, Garland Service Center (GSC) may inspect or perform an audit at the supplier’s facility.
b. Product inspections to ensure they meet requirements, dimensions, etc. Special processes (anodizing, heat treat, welding, etc.) where compliance cannot be verified by inspection will require a Certificate of Conformity.
c. Product/service conformity and on-time delivery will be monitored by Garland Service Center (GSC).
7. When Garland Service Center (GSC) or its customer intends to perform verification at the supplier’s premises, Garland Service Center (GSC) will first state the intended verification arrangements and the method of product release. This information will be communicated on the Garland Service Center (GSC) RFQ, purchase order, or via another acceptable purchasing arrangement.
8. To ensure product identification and traceability, Garland Service Center (GSC) will institute controls that include the requirement of Material Certificates, Certificates of Conformity, and/or other supporting documentation from its suppliers as is appropriate. These requirements may be specified on Garland Service Center (GSC)’s RFQ, purchase order, or may otherwise be communicated to the supplier.
9. All special process must be performed by qualified and competent persons.
10. Garland Service Center (GSC) requires that the Supplier have policies and procedures to identify potential Counterfeit Parts from suppliers. Seller shall immediately notify Garland Service Center (GSC) with the pertinent facts if Supplier becomes aware of or suspects that Counterfeit Parts may have been used in a product delivered to Garland Service Center (GSC) If products delivered under this order constitutes or includes Counterfeit Parts, Supplier shall, at its expense, promptly replace such Counterfeit Parts with genuine parts conforming to the requirements of this order. Notwithstanding any other provision in this order, Seller shall be liable for all costs relating to the removal and replacement of counterfeit parts.
11. Garland Service Center (GSC) may also require specific actions where timely and/or effective corrective actions to a supplier issue are not achieved. These actions may include but are not limited to any or all of the following: withholding payment until the issue is resolved, removal of the supplier from Garland Service Center (GSC).’s Approved Supplier list, and legal action.